#4

Wow, #4?  I'm pretty impressed with myself, I'm not going to lie and pretend I'm really good at things like this - consistent and motivated? - that's just not me.  But here I am, forcing new habits.  Perhaps I shouldn't share my own shock in actually keeping up on something.  Perhaps it should embarrass me to do so.  Perhaps I'll jinx the whole thing by mentioning said shock and, in turn, let everything fall apart by next week.  OR perhaps I should just show the painting thus far...




First off, I am much happier with this version's hand.

Second, I still have not invested in a protractor, but I'd say that fan's looking pretty good despite my laziness.

Third, the background has been... interesting...

It was tea stained, allowed to dry for a time (though in retrospect not a long enough time) and then painted with brown and pukey-olivey green (a favorite).  Then I went to bed and, as if by magic, I awoke the next morning (after having dreamt about it) to purple and yellowy-limey green.  I was severely disappointed at first, but am teetering on the verge of acceptance.  It's not bad, it was just... unintentional, would be the word I'm looking for.  Especially since I'd thought to myself specifically, "I do not want purple in this painting."  Apparently the painting wanted purple and I'm inclined to let it do what it wants.  Though I will get my brown and puke green in there, damn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment